VSC Coverage Details
MULTIPLE TIERS OF COVERAGE ALLOW YOU TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR PROTECTION.
PROTECTION LEVEL 1
Cylinder block and all internally lubricated parts, including balance shafts, camshafts, cam bearings, cam tower, connecting rods, crankshaft, expansion plugs, lifters, pistons, piston rings, pushrods; rocker arms; rod and main bearings, and wrist pins; crankshaft pulley; cylinder head; flywheel; fuel supply pump; harmonic balancer and retainer bolt; intake and exhaust manifolds; oil filter adapter/housing; oil pan; oil pump; oil pump housing, oil pump pressure relief valve; engine oil cooler, engine oil sending unit, engine oil dipstick, and tube; temperature sending unit; thermostat and housing; timing chain and sprockets; timing chain housing; vacuum pump; valves and guides; valve covers; valve springs; water pump; and fasteners for these components.
Case and all internally lubricated parts, including bands and drums, bearings, bushings, clutches, gear sets, governor, input/output shafts, main shaft, oil pump, and solenoids; computer-operated clutch; cooler; dipstick and tube; electronic shift control unit; torque converter; transmission mounts; TV cable; valve body; and fasteners for these components.
Case and all internally lubricated parts, including bearings, bushings, gear sets, input/output shafts, main shaft, shift forks, and synchronizers; shift linkage and cables; and fasteners for these components.
Axle shafts; drive shaft; drive shaft support; final drive housing and all internally lubricated parts, including bearings, bushings, carrier case, chain and sprockets, and gear sets; front hub bearings; rear hub bearings; and fasteners for these components.
Rear Wheel Drive
Axle shafts; drive axle housing and all internally lubricated parts, including bearings, bushings, carrier case, gear sets, and limited-slip clutch pack; drive shaft; drive shaft support; front hub bearings; rear hub bearings; and fasteners for these components.
Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Components
Continuously variable transmission (CVT) and all internal components; electric motor/generator(s) and all internal components; inverter/converter/transformer units and all internal components; inverter/converter/transformer units cover; power split device and all internal components; reduction/reducer box and all internal components; and fasteners for these components.
Seals and Gaskets
Covered only if required in conjunction with a covered repair.
PROTECTION LEVEL 2
Includes all coverage in LEVEL 1 and the following:
Accumulator; clutch and pulley; compressor; condenser; drier; high/low-pressure cutoff switches; high/low-pressure hoses; HVAC control module; orifice tube; pressure cycling switch; temperature control head; thermostat; fasteners for these components; and Freon-refrigerant if necessary for a covered repair.
Assist booster; backing plates; combination valve; disc brake calipers; hard lines and fittings; master cylinder; parking brake linkage and cables; self-adjusters; springs, clips, and retainers; wheel cylinders; and fasteners for these components.
Alternator; body control module; electronic ignition module; engine control module; engine management control unit; front and rear windshield wiper delay controller; front and rear windshield wiper motors; ignition coils, starter motor, and drive; starter solenoid; and voltage regulator.
Hybrid/Electrical Vehicle Components
Electric alternating current compressor; hybrid battery junction block; and hybrid battery main battery cable.
Bearings; bushings; center link; coupling; electric steering gear; electric steering rack; fluid reservoir; housing/case and all internally lubricated parts, including rack and pinion equipped valve assembly and sector shaft; idler arms; inner rod ends and bellows boots; pitman arms; power cylinder assembly; power steering pump pulley; power steering pump/electric steering motor; rack mounts and cushions; speed sensor or steering gear equipped pitman shaft and valve assembly; steering main and intermediate shafts; tie rods; and fasteners for these components.
Air suspension springs; bump stop cushions; control arm shafts; electronic suspension actuator/motor and compressor; kingpins; stabilizer linkage, including mounts and bushings; stabilizer shaft; torsion bar mounts and bushings; upper and lower ball joints, including front and rear dust boots; steering knuckle; spindle support; upper and lower control arms; wheel bearings and seals; and fasteners for these components.
PROTECTION LEVEL 3
Includes all coverage in LEVEL 1, LEVEL 2, and the following:
Anti-lock brake system.
Accelerator pedal position sensor; air temp sensor; ambient temp sensor; back-up lamp switch; brake fluid level sensor; brake fluid pressure sensor; brake light switch; cabin temperature sensor; camshaft position sensor; compass display; convertible top motor; coolant level sensor; coolant temperature sensor and relay; crankshaft position sensor; cruise control system; electronic fuel injection system (except exhaust gas recirculation valve); electronic rearview mirror motor; electronic suspension controller and limiting valve; electronic suspension lines; electronic suspension sensors;
electronic throttle body; fuel level sensor; hazard warning switch; headlamp switch; headlight door motor; ignition switch; instrument gauges; keyless entry system; low coolant sensor; low fuel sensor; low oil sensor; multi-function switch; neutral safety switch; oil pressure sensor; oil temperature sensor; power antenna motor; power door lock actuator/switch; power mirror switch; power seat motor; power seat switch; power seat transmission; power steering
electronic control unit; power sunroof motor; power trunk/liftgate lock actuator; power window motor; power window regulator; power window switch; seat memory switch; seat position sensor; seat temperature switch; sunroof switch; thermometer display; traction control switch; transmission position sensor; transmission position switch; transmission temperature sensor; transmission temperature switch; turn signal switch; wiper switch, and wiring harnesses.
Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Plus
Battery charge controller; drive motor dampener; hydraulic or electric regenerative braking system; motor/generator belt tensioner; onboard battery charging system; onboard computer system, including all relays, sensors, ECU and ECM (electronic control units/electronic control modules), power switch/button, and controller/electronic throttle control system; three-phase high-voltage cables; and voltage inverter reservoir.
Clutch starter interlock switch; fuel injectors; fuel tank; fuel tank hard lines; fuel tank sending unit; heated back glass; heater control valve; heater core assembly; heater-A/C blower motor; horn assembly; radiator; radiator fan, including fan blade, fan clutch, fan motor, and fan relay; struts, including upper mount and pivot bearing assembly; temperature sensor and relay; and windshield wiper washer pump(s).
PROTECTION LEVEL 4
Level 4 coverage provides comprehensive coverage for the mechanical breakdown of all parts of your vehicle except those specifically excluded.
ESTIMATED REPAIR COSTS*
- Anti-lock Brake System $ 1,252
- A/C $ 1,050
- Alternator $ 850
- Brake Caliper $ 300
- Power Window Motor $ 375
- Drive Axle $ 700
- Engine $ 5,325
- Fuel Pump $ 975
- Starter $ 550
- Timing Chain $ 875
- Transmission $ 3,500
- Water Pump $ 375
* Estimated repair costs are for illustrative purposes only and are based on industry averages. Actual repair costs will depend on the vehicle make and model, type of breakdown, and other particular circumstances.
INCLUDED AT NO ADDITIONAL COST WITH MOST VEHICLE SERVICE CONTRACTS
Emergency Roadside Assistance
Enjoy the benefits of emergency towing, roadside assistance, and lock-out services included with your Vehicle Service Contract. Services provided at no additional cost include: towing up to 50 miles, battery jumpstart, flat tire change, locksmith services, and fuel, oil, and water delivery.*
Don’t miss a beat while your vehicle is being repaired under your Vehicle Service Contract. In the event that your vehicle
needs to be held for more than a day for a covered repair, we will reimburse you the cost to rent a vehicle from a licensed rental agency.
With selection and payment of applicable surcharge(s), the Vehicle Service Contract may also provide the following coverages:
Cover your vehicle even if being used for business travel, construction work, government/military use, hauling, off-road use, pickup/delivery service, snow plowing, towing, and more when used by more than one driver.
Fuel distributor, fuel injection pump, fuel injectors, and fuel regulator. The auxiliary fuel pump is excluded. One-Ton Truck or Van Cover your vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of up to 14,000 pounds.
Transfer Case — 4×4/AWD Vehicles
Case and all internally lubricated parts, including bearings, bushings, chain and sprockets, gear sets, and main shaft; electronic and vacuum engagement components; four-wheel drive selector switch; mounts; transfer case module; and fasteners for these components — including manufacturer’s all-wheel-drive systems such as 4MATIC, Quattro, xDrive, etc.
Bypass valve; clutch and pulley; compressor; hard lines; injection pump, intercooler, lines, and nozzles; supercharger, turbocharger; and wastegate controller.
*Cost of materials delivered is not included.
THIS SERVICE CONTRACT DOES NOT COVER, PROVIDES NO BENEFITS OR PAYMENT FOR, AND PROVIDER HAS NO OBLIGATION UNDER THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS SERVICE CONTRACT FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Diagnostic, tear down, disassembly, assembly, and/or repair or replacement costs for non-covered repairs and parts.
- Repair Facility labor Costs in excess of the Labor Rate.
- Any portion of the Cost not approved by the Administrator and, therefore, not paid by the Provider.
- Repair or replacement of any Covered Part when the Breakdown information provided by You or the Repair Facility cannot be verified as accurate or is found to be deceptively inaccurate by the Administrator.
- Repairs that are performed without the Administrator’s prior authorization, except when the Administrator’s office is closed and emergency repairs are necessary (see “SECTION 5 – WHAT TO DO IF REPAIRS ARE NEEDED/FILING A CLAIM”).
- For a Breakdown which occurred or existed prior to or is the result of a condition which existed prior to the Effective Date or Provider’s receipt of payment for and approval of the Service Contract, whichever is later.
- For the Breakdown of a Covered Part resulting from the failure of a non-covered part.
- Maintenance and parts of the Vehicle subject to regular maintenance and labor costs, and costs of parts for such maintenance regardless of coverage of a Part otherwise. This includes but is not limited to the maintenance services and parts described in the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule for Your Vehicle such as engine tune-up, (includes spark plugs, glow plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor), carburetor, all batteries (including but not limited to: lithium-ion battery), filters, lubricants or fluids, air conditioning refrigerant, engine coolant, all hoses and belts (not specifically listed), wiper blades, brake pads and shoes, brake rotors and drums, suspension alignment, constant velocity boots, timing belt and timing belt pulley, timing belt tensioner, tires, wheel covers, wheel rims, wheels, wheel balancing, shock absorbers, exhaust system, catalytic converter, Vehicle charging station, friction clutch disc and pressure plate and clutch throw out bearing.
- For a Breakdown if Your maintenance obligations under this Service Contract have not been satisfied and/or maintenance as recommended by the manufacturer has not been performed or for a Breakdown caused by abuse, misuse, tampering, alterations, or making improper adjustments or lack of customary maintenance as recommended in the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule for Your Vehicle.
- Glass, glass framework and fastening adhesives, sealed beam head lamps, light bulbs, lenses, trim, moldings, bright metal, upholstery,vinyl and convertible tops, paint, sheet metal, bumpers, alignment of body parts, flexible body parts, door panels, body panels, structural framework, structural welds, hinges, door handles, and removable hardtop assemblies.
- For any Costs covered by any Warranty covering Your Vehicle regardless of whether the warrantor honors such Warranty or whether You are able to obtain that benefit, and for any Costs that are or would have been covered under any Warranty whether or not such Warranty has been voided by the manufacturer or whether You are able to obtain that benefit. This Service Contract runs concurrent with, and is secondary to, any applicable Warranty or such other coverage for the full duration thereof. If the Warranty has been declared void, this Service Contract does not provide coverage that would have been included thereunder until the end of what would have been the full duration of the Warranty. The benefits provided under dealer Warranties required by state law are not covered by this Service Contract.
- For a Breakdown that is a direct result of a mechanical or structural defect when the manufacturer has announced a public recall or factory technical service bulletin for the purpose of correcting such a defect, or for any Breakdown Costs covered by a manufacturer’s Warranty, recall, factory technical service bulletin, or any other breakdown coverage that would assume responsibility for any Cost or benefit contained within the terms and conditions of this Service Contract, regardless of whether You obtain those benefits.
- For expenses charged for the disposal of environmentally unsafe materials, non-specific materials, shop supplies, and other non-covered Repair Facility charges.
- For any Covered Part which has not experienced a Breakdown but which a Repair Facility recommends to be repaired or replaced.
- For a Breakdown caused by or involving collision, fire, theft, vandalism, riot, terrorist acts, war, explosion, lightning, earthquake, hurricane, tropical storm, volcanic eruption, windstorm, hail, water, freezing, Acts of God, flood, or any loss that is insurable under standard physical damage coverage whether or not such insurance may be in force with Your Vehicle.
- For loss of time, economic loss, inconvenience, lodging, food, freight charges, core charges, storage charges, or other consequential or incidental loss or damage that resulted from a Breakdown, including but not limited to lost wages, lost time, loss of use of the Vehicle, commercial loss, or inconvenience, or for any liability arising from breach of implied warranties, damage to property, or for injury or death of any person, arising out of the operation, maintenance, or use of the Vehicle whether or not related to a Breakdown covered or not covered under this Service Contract. Any such liability is expressly excluded.
- For any consequential, incidental, or progressive damage or loss should Your Vehicle be involved in a collision caused by or involving a Breakdown of a component covered by this Service Contract.
- For additional loss or damage which is occasioned by You or operator’s negligence or failure to use all reasonable precautions to protect the Vehicle from any further loss or damage after a Breakdown or failure has occurred or been indicated.
- For a Breakdown resulting from or related to contaminated fluids, improper fuels or fluids, lack of proper fluid levels, overheating, lack of coolant, lack of lubricants, improper specification (type) of fluids, lack of oil viscosity, sludge or restricted oil flow, including but not limited to damage to engine or transmission as a result of same. This includes fluid leaks.
- For excessive oil consumption, loss of compression, or gradual reduction in performance not resulting from the Breakdown of a Covered Part.
- If Your Vehicle was manufactured as a non-U.S. Specification model, unless applicable Canadian Vehicle Surcharge has been selected on the Information Schedule. Vehicles manufactured for other country specifications are excluded without exception.
- Aftermarket accessories or equipment, components, and systems not installed by the manufacturer, including but not limited to: anti-theft systems, radar detectors, cb radios, radio/speaker equipment, cruise control, sunroof, solar powered devices, telephones, tv/vcr/dvd and related components, and appliances, and Breakdowns resulting therefrom.
- For a Breakdown resulting from the use of or involving modifications unless those modifications were performed by the manufacturer and the modifications meet the manufacturer’s specifications including but not limited to the following modifications: wheels/tires not to manufacturer’s specifications, frame, suspension or body lift kits, emission systems, exhaust system, engine, transmission and drive axle, or aftermarket performance parts or systems, or other equipment, component or systems not installed by the manufacturer.
- For a Breakdown caused by towing a trailer or another Vehicle unless Your Vehicle is equipped for this as recommended by the manufacturer.
- For a Breakdown resulting from the use of Your Vehicle for racing or other competition.
- If Your Vehicle has been modified to plow snow, whether the snow plow blade is attached to the Vehicle or not, unless applicable Commercial Use Surcharge is selected on the Information Schedule.
- For the repair of valves and/or rings for the purpose of raising the engine’s compression when a Breakdown has not occurred.
- To correct a cosmetic imperfection.
- For a Breakdown or damage caused by the environment or weather such as rust or weather related corrosion.
- If Your Vehicle is used for Commercial Use, unless the applicable Surcharge has been selected and paid. Examples of commercial purposes/or use include but are not limited to: hauling, construction work, principal off road use, pickup and/or delivery service, snow plowing, dump beds, hoisting or lifting equipment attached, company pool use, business travel when the vehicle is used by more than one driver, vehicles used by a single driver for sales/services (i.e. real estate, cleaning services, home health/aide care services and gardening) or light duty contracting (i.e. electrician, carpenter and plumber), or other commercial use.
- If Your Vehicle is used to carry passengers for one-time shared rides on demand such as Uber and Lyft, unless the applicable Ride Share Surcharge has been selected and paid.
- If Your Vehicle is used for daily rentals, taxi, limousine, shuttle services, road service operations, government/military use, law enforcement, fire, ambulance or other emergency services. These uses are excluded without exception. Selection and payment of the Commercial Use Surcharge does not afford You coverage under this Service Contract if Your Vehicle is used for one of these purposes.
- If Your Vehicle is a one-ton truck or van, such as a Ford 350 or a Chevrolet 3500 series vehicles, unless the Additional Coverage is permitted and selected. Vehicles rated over one-ton are excluded without exception.
- If Your Vehicle’s odometer has been stopped, altered, tampered with, allowed to remain nonfunctional, disconnected, or broken, or misrepresents Your Vehicle’s actual mileage, including but not limited to odometer misrepresentation caused by the use or modification of the Vehicle with undersize or oversize tire and wheel assemblies.
- For trucks that have dual rear wheels.
- For trucks or SUVs having greater than a four inch (4”) lift and/or tires or wheels having greater than a four inch (4″) difference in diameter from original manufacturer’s equipment, unless the Lift Kit Surcharge has been selected on the Information Schedule. Vehicles with over a six inch (6″) lift, or tires or wheels with greater than a four inch (4″) difference in diameter from original manufacturer’s equipment are excluded without exception. Suspension reductions, undersized wheels or tires, and oversized tires that do not match in diameter are specifically excluded.
- To repair, replace, adjust, or align any part not covered by this Service Contract as set forth in “SECTION 2 – WHAT THIS SERVICE CONTRACT COVERS” under the selected level of Coverage identified on the Information Schedule.
- .For repairs made solely to meet or maintain any governmental emission standards.
- For a Breakdown or damage caused to Your engine resulting from sludge or the ingestion of water.
- For repairs of water and air leaks, rattles, squeaks, and wind noise.
- For a Breakdown or damage caused by neglecting to follow proper charging procedures or use of incompatible charging devices for Your plug-in hybrid/electric Vehicle.
- For a Breakdown or damage caused by a power surge.
- For seals and gaskets unless required in conjunction with a Covered Repair, unless the Seals and Gaskets Surcharge has been selected on the Information Schedule. Fluid leaks are not covered. Minor loss of fluid or seepage is considered Normal Wear and Tear and not a Breakdown. No coverage will be provided.
- For faulty parts or labor provided by others during the course of a Covered Repair and for repairs performed due to improper diagnosis or a Breakdown due to improper previous repairs or a faulty part.
- Any tax on parts and labor, unless state or federal law requires the Provider to pay such taxes.
- If Your Vehicle had been declared a total loss, salvaged, or junk vehicle or for any vehicle determined to be a previous flood vehicle.IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE ITEMS, AS TO EMERGENCY TOWING/ROAD SERVICE/LOCK-OUT, THIS SERVICE CONTRACT DOES NOT COVER AND PROVIDES NO BENEFIT OR PAYMENT FOR:
- For the cost of parts, replacement keys, fluids, lubricants, fuel, cost of installation of products or materials, Vehicle storage charges, penalties, or fines.
- For non-emergency towing or other non-emergency service.
- For any service available through a valid manufacturer’s Warranty or service, or Repair Facility, regardless of whether You are able to obtain that benefit.
- For mounting or removing of snow tires or chains; winching; extrication; tire repair; or emergency roadside assistance required as a result thereof.
- For camping trailers, travel trailers or any vehicles in tow or emergency roadside assistance required as a result thereof.
- For more than one disablement from the same cause during any seven day period, a second tow relating to the same Breakdown, or for repeated service calls for a Vehicle in need of routine maintenance or repair.
- For towing from or to an unlicensed Repair Facility or for towing by a company other than a licensed towing service, service station, or garage.
- For service on a Vehicle that is not able to be towed in a conventional and safe manner.
- For towing or service on roads not regularly maintained, such as vacant lots, beaches, open fields, forests, roads closed during the season of the request, areas designated as not passable due to construction, or other places which would be hazardous for service Vehicles to reach.
- For towing in restricted areas that restrict or ban access to service providers, such as turnpikes and other governed highways.
- For towing at the direction of a law enforcement officer relating to traffic obstruction, impoundment, abandonment, illegal parking, or other violations of law.
- For the cost of service secured independent of this program in excess of fifty dollars ($50) per service.